Let me share to you my reading and God revelation from these verses.
“Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, “Indeed, has God said, ‘You shall not eat from [a]any tree of the garden’?” 2 The woman said to the serpent, “From the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat; 3 but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat from it or touch it, or you will die.’” 4 The serpent said to the woman, “You surely will not die! 5 For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” (Genesis 3:1-5 NASB).
How Satan did attack Eve? Why he succeeded in tempting Eve and Adam to disobey God?
V1 - ,.. has God said, ‘You shall not eat from any tree of the garden’?
1. Satan’s attack- He want you to question the Word of God. Have you come into this kind of feeling that you began to question God’s word? Feeling confused, or now doubting? Be careful you are now in the trap of Satan. He wants you to doubt the Word of God. Because when you are confuse and full of doubt you will not do anything. He also has new attack today. He will let you focused on the minor things. And let you ignore the major things God wants us to do. Major things the Lord commanded “Go and make disciple”. But how many people you know that disciple making is his priority?
V4 - The serpent said to the woman, “You surely will not die!”. No that’s not true!
2. Satan makes God’s Word a liar! Have you read your Bible and then don’t believe what you read? Be careful you might be listening to Satan. “For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart”. Hebrews 4:12 (NASB) The Word of God is ended so powerful that heavens and earth will pass away but God’s words will remain.
V5- “Your eyes will be opened and you will be like God!”.
3. Temptation to disobey God – and no bad things will happen! Everything is okay even we disobey God. This is Satan’s temptations to us. But is this really true? Of course not. When we disobey God – there will always be a consequence ‘bad things always happen’.
So how would you plan to finish the year of 2018? Is it with doubt or confusion? Not trusting the Word of God or playing with temptations? Genesis 3:1-5, speaks so much of how Satan successfully attacked Eve to disobey God’s direct order. God exposed to us his attack so we know how to fight him. Though God promise that He will fight for us (Deuteronomy 3:22) But we have certain action need to take. 2019 is coming it is good for us prepare ourselves. So we can live in victory for 2019!
1. Trust God’s Word Do not allow yourself to doubt the Word of God! No matter what happen Just trust God’s Word! – Ps 20:7 Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.
2. Believe and Have Faith in God’s Word and in God himself (Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit). God’s Word is always true!– Believe it even though you don’t feel like believing. “God is not man that he should lie” (Numbers 23:19)
3. “Prayer at all time” Overcome temptation by Your Constant communication with God. On reaching the place, he said to them, “Pray that you will not fall into temptation.” (Luke 22:40)
VICTORY in Jesus Hallellujah!