Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him.
Without warning, a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. The disciples went and woke him, saying, "Lord, save us! We're going to drown!"
He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.
The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"
Questions to discuss in groups:
1. Who are involved in the story? What happened at that time?
2. What was the reaction of the disciples and Jesus?
3. What did they do and say?
4. What do you think about your reaction?
5. What does the God want to tell you in the story?
6. How do you react to the God？What is your action? "I will..."
7. Whom will you share this story with?
In this critical moment, maybe many people will be fear just like the disciples. However, if we truly believe the power of our God, we will have the peace as Jesus has. Even the situation is harsh, Jesus can still overcome. Jesus can calm down the winds and the sea. Jesus is superior to all of them.
Let us believe in and rely on our God so that we can experience the peace from Him. We can also share the peace and hope to our friends and relatives.
Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.